Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Roman Catholicism is THE true church - ALL the rest are impostors!

Well, according to the BBC, that's today's message from the loonie on the left, former Cardinal Ratsarse, now Pope Benedict Maledict.

According to the BBC's report, Il Poopoo...
...has approved a new text asserting that Christian denominations outside Roman Catholicism are not true Churches in the full sense of the word.

The document, issued by a Vatican watchdog, has been criticised as offensive by some Protestants.

The text was written by the Vatican's Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, headed by Pope Benedict before his election as Pope.

It states that Christ established only one Church here on earth.

Other Christian denominations, it argues, cannot be called Churches in the proper sense because they cannot trace their bishops back to Christ's original apostles.

What a laugh.

Perhaps Il Popsicle would care to explain how the Roman Catholic church can trace its bishops back to Christ's original apostles when it cannot even prove that 'Christ' ever existed in the first place, and that even if 'He' did much of which is attributed to 'Him' was simply made up by them to enhance their own power and prestige?

Even the 'Jesus Seminar' which comprised of 135 New Testament scholars and which spent some 15 years investigating the words attributed to 'Christ' - whose existence it took as a given - came to the conclusion that 82% of everything attributed to him had simply been fabricated by the church in the first place, and of the remaining 18% which were genuinely attributable, none of them were of special merit or particularly noteworthy.

Interestingly enough, a follow-on from the Jesus Seminar is the 'Jesus Project', which has been initiated by the Committee for the Scientific Examination of Religion. The Jesus Project is described as 'the first methodologically agnostic approach to the question of Jesus’ historical existence', and if it concludes that there is no plausible evidence for the existence of 'Christ' - and if there is, we have still to find it - then Roman Catholicism will not be able to claim that it is a 'real' church either! Guffaw!

Of course, all this bickering about what is a 'real' church begs the question: what the fuck is a church, except for a bunch of control-freaks trying to impose their own psychopathology on others in order to boost their own defective psyches?

No comments: