Amongst other things, he thinks the Government is stoking the tension between Muslims and the rest of us.
After all, Bari declared yesterday in an interview with 'The Daily Telegraph' that there would be no problem if we all simply adopted Muslim ways.
Bari also likened us to Nazis for demonising his people and referring to Islamic terrorists. He declaimed:
"Terrorists are terrorists, they may use religion but we shouldn't say Muslim terrorists, it stigmatises the whole community. We never called the IRA Catholic terrorists."Well, Dr Bari, if you're going to make comparisons, here are some other facts that you should consider:
- The IRA never carried out their terrorist attacks in the name of Catholicism, but Muslim terrorist do it in the name of Islam.
- The Roman Catholic religion does not make it a holy duty of its adherents to kill all apostates, unbelievers, and anyone it considers enemies of Roman Catholicism, but the Qur'an, the Hadith, many Islamic leaders and scholars do declare that it is the holy duty of Muslims to do so in the name of Allah, and that those who do not join in the jihad are themselves legitimate targets for butchering.
- The Roman Catholic religion never promised the IRA terrorists that they would be rewarded extravagantly in the place they call 'Heaven' for their murderous terrorist attacks yet Islam does precisely that.
- Muslim scholars, of which you are one, know full well that a 'Muslim' is defined as 'one who submits to Allah' and that 'Islam' is simply the collective noun for these people.
Mind you, there are some amusing parts in Bari's apologia for the murdering Muslim scum amongst his people, like his defence for not doing anything to remove the terrorist pamphlets, videos and books from the bookshop in the East London Mosque - where he was the Chair - Bari had this to say:
"The bookshops are independent businesses. We can't just go in and tell them what to sell … I will see what books they keep, if they have one book which looks like it is inciting hatred, do they have counter books on the same shelf?"Now, to appreciate the sick-humour of that statement, you must compare Bari's mealy-mouthed pack of lies with his attack on Sir Salmand Rushdie:
Sir Salman Rushdie should never have been knighted. "He caused a huge amount of distress and discordance with his book, it should have been pulped."Sauce for the goose, eh Bari?
More of Mad Bari's bon mots, with suitable addenda:
- Religion has principles that can help society - like killing those who don't believe in it.
- Alcohol is the worst drug long-term - as anyone trying to get of crack-cocaine will tell you.
- Sex before marriage is unacceptable in Islam - so non-believers shouldn't be allowed to do it either.
- Homosexuality is "unacceptable from the religious point of view" - but homicide is acceptable, provided Islam sanctions it (it does for homosexuals), or its an 'honour killing' of one of your daughters.
- Stoning women to death for adultery is OK - it just depends on the size of the rocks you throw at them.
PS: The BBC also carries this story with some additional comments from deluded fools who think that Allah actually exists anywhere apart from in their imagination. One of them, Farmida Bi from the Progressive British Muslims organisation agreed that British society as a whole could benefit from adopting some of the teachings of Islam. She said:
"A lot of what [Islam] says is relevant and important to our society today..."Such as what, Farmida?
And whilst you're pondering that, name one thing that Islam says that is as relevant or important to our society than anything that the National Secular Society or the British Humanist Association have to say, for example.
But perhaps there is hope for the likes of Farmida yet, for she concludes:
"...but at the same time Muslims have to acknowledge that the West has an awful lot to teach the Muslim community as well."And here's something to start with - people who believe in imaginary beings are delusional psychotics, irrespective of whether they call that non-existent being Allah, Yahvey, God, Santa Claus, Cthulthu, The Invisible Pink Unicorn, The Flying Spaghetti Monster, or any of the other ten thousand silly names that the ignorant, irrational, superstitious, or psychopathological have invented to explain the creation of the cosmos over the millennia.
PS: An excellent response to the MCB and Bari and his ilk can be found here - and whilst you're there, check out some of Mr Condell's other videos as they are, in my opinion, excellent and say some of the things that need to be said by those of us who have no truck with organised religion.
Religion should be a private affair for those who need it, but if they use it in order to force their delusional views on the rest of us then, if they are not willing to accept counselling for their underlying psychpathological problems that have driven them to religion in the first place, they should be excoriated and held up to the ridicule and disapprobation that they rightly deserve.